Friday 28 November 2014

winter warmer winner at la palma on the mall

This week I was blessed to win a Facebook competition for a winter warmer meal for two and a glass of wine. The meal  itself was a special, running for two weeks, the menu was nice and varied and I was more than excited to win a competition for a free meal.

It was decided I would bring my friend with me as a girlie night was definitely ideal for this sort of lucky win. I always believe sharing the luck s the only way to truly enjoy it :D

She and I chose different dishes in order for us both to get the best of our evening and have a sneaky try of each others plates as is our style. The menus where waiting for us at the table. We looked over them and both agreed fairly quickly what we wanted. We ordered and bread was brought to the table and my goodness, home made  bread.. you just cant beat that stuff can you??? Guinness brown and Italian white, perfectly fresh n delicious perfect accompaniment to butter. I'ts no surprise people are constantly asking for the recipe to the Guinness bread, its so moist and more-ish.I would have been happy just with the bread it was so yummy.

My friend chose the prawn starter with spice sausage and cannellini beans . This was presented beautifully tooI had a sneaky try and  have to say it was very flavorsome . I chose the mushroom risotto, personally I found it to be a little bland, the rice didn't have the bite of a risotto and it could have used  some more seasoning,while the mushrooms used where very tasty, and the Parmesan shavings on top worked perfectly with the risotto just not i guess in my honest opinion, the best risotto I've tasted.

For the main ,my friend had the fish soup, and wow the amount of fish used for this dish was just unbelievable, beautiful salmon, hake, sole and mussels. stunningly fresh fish incredible flavor and great presentation. A really fabulous dish,I adored it.

 I myself took the pork belly and  have to say the portion was humongous and it was cooked to perfection. By now my weakness for pork crackling should be known by the majority of you. LOVE THE STUFF!!! and this was no exception, perfect and the mushroom barley was very flavorsome ,
I devoured this course.

Then the deserts came... salted caramel pana cotta and ice cream selection, again both incredible the melon ice-cream and the choclate orange ripple, to die for!not to mention the perfectly rich chocolate one. and the pana cotta was perfect in texture. A wonderful meal had by both of us. and I must say its wonderful to see a local business try and have such a far priced meal for two 39e for all of that food is definitely worth it.

I will need to come again and try more from the menu, think you all should give t a try too.

thank you for nominating me as your competition winner,I loved tonight and will be back. my date was the best choice too.
Here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/La-Palma-on-the-Mall/143419449043315?fref=ts








No comments:

Post a Comment